Monday 31 October 2011

The Little Green Monster


My husband walks in the door from work and my daughter runs to him shouting with delight “Dad, I can do it!” and she proceeds to put one hand under her armpit and starts flapping the other arm resulting in a not so lady-like sound, if you know what I mean. He, in turns, gives her a high-five, with a proud look on his face.

Is it bad that this made me a little jealous? Why do I get the little “Hi Mom” and I probe into what happened at school today and get the resounding “Nothing”.

I guess it all started with them bonding over paternity leave….since I was pregnant with our second I had to get back to work early handing the reigns over to Dad. Don’t get me wrong, looking back I think that it was the best thing that happened and it’s very interesting to see the different ways men take on parenting. He is a little less high strung than me so dealing with crying and having play time was handled somewhat different and there is nothing wrong with that.



I guess what I’m saying is that I’m not mad she made the noise, maybe I just wish it was ME that taught her it.

I hope you enjoy these few pictures of great examples of how my husband takes on parenting, industrial earmuffs anyone?